When our little boy was 6 months old, I found out that I was pregnant again. I wasn't sure what to feel because I was so tired... I had no idea what I would do with two babies. But within days the shock wore off and I was excited. This is what we wanted: a big family. Less than a week after I found out about our surprise little one, I miscarried that baby.
While we were in the doctor and he was confirming what we already knew to be true, I cried and my husband sat quietly rocking our little 6 month old in his infant carrier. The doctor was very kind and his nurse turned to me and said, "I bet that little guy brings you a lot of joy." And she was right, he did.
And so, we got through the summer, and the next several seasons as our baby turned into a toddler and before we knew it he was walking. When our son was eighteen months old, I went to my OB and asked her why she thought that I had never gotten pregnant again after I miscarried one year before. She did some blood tests and said that everything looked good, so she started me on clomid.
No comments:
Post a Comment